Life

Take time to see, taste and smell all the smaller things in life. Do not take a chance on missing something that could bring you pleasure from a glance, a touch or a scent.

Oldstuff

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Final Thoughts

After reviewing my Unit 3 personal assessment I had scores my physical wellbeing at a 5, my spirituality at a 6 and my psychological well being at a 5. I think that I did a realistic assessment on myself back then.


As of now, my physical wellbeing is still a 5, it has not changed, and I find it very difficult to find time to exercise. I have bought a video that allows you to do a walking exercise in a small area. It has you work with bands also and takes 15 mi or 35, depending on if you walk one mile or two. My spiritual self has actually gone up to a 7, I have been reading some of my books based on the scriptures of the bible. I feel that I have a new strength to draw upon, although it has always been there, I have just re-introduced myself to it. My psychological well being is suffering greatly; it has not improved from the 5. Although I have learned to ignore a lot of conversations that would otherwise get me annoyed, I still the stress. I am still keeping all my anger and frustrations in and not dealing with them. A lot of events that I was stressed about have come and gone, but none the less I still have a lot to work on.

My personal experience with this course has been very uplifting. I actually have an outlook on things that is bright and not gloomy. I have learned so much about how the mind can influence your health, and that I am the one that can control this. The most difficult thing about the course was assessing myself, because there was no way to sugar coat or exaggerates because I am the one I was looking at. I believe this course has helped me to be a better person, I feel I can help my clients better because I will be listening more closely to their needs and getting closer to their goals. I have enjoyed reading about everyone’s experiences and seeing how everyone had an uplifting attitude after learning a few practices. I wish everyone the best health and wellness possible.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Susan,
    I have had a similar experience with taking this course. As a result I do find that I have a brighter and more inspiring outlook on life. I think that taking this course has made me into a more complete person. It has been really interesting learning about how much power the mind actually has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. susan,
    I am sorry to hear that you have not improved in more areas. You just need to keep on the right track and make that 15 minutes a day for yourself. You are worth it and you will notice that the benefits run over into the other areas of your life. That is great that spiritually you have improved in your walk with the Lord. This is wonderful and with the help from him you can find the time and focus for the other areas. Just pray about it and he will open the doors for you. Psychologically you have to just keep pushing on and you can improve in this area as well. Practicing some of these exercises, physical activity, and learning to let go will also help in this area.
    Good luck and may God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts and what a great journey. It feels like this class was longer than 10 weeks. Actually it was slightly longer due to the winter break, but even longer than that.

    I think this is because these are areas that most of us have and are working on. I enjoyed seeing your spiritual progress and I hope you meet your physical stride soon.

    Enjoy your degree which is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an honest assessement but you seem to be very hard on yourself. If you know thgat you have areas that need improvement you need to set up a plan of action to improve yourself.You sound like anger runs your life,it is important to learn to forgive. Forgiveness does not mean that you are saying whatevr was done is allwed but it allows you to have closure and move on. Pleas take care of yourself,your mind has to be healthy to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's ok. You still have time to achieve those goals that you have set for yourself. These things take time. Nothing happens overnight. To be real it didn't happen to you over night. Just stay steadfast and focus and keep your determined you will see more positive changes. Its great that you do not let things stress you out as much as they used to. Keep going, don't stop. You're headed in the right direction. Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete