Life

Take time to see, taste and smell all the smaller things in life. Do not take a chance on missing something that could bring you pleasure from a glance, a touch or a scent.

Oldstuff

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Unit 8 Reflecting on the Exercises and Practices



I have two practices that have felt very comfortable to me and that I can call upon every day. They are the subtle mind and loving kindness exercises. The subtle mind gives me a great relief from the daily stress that I am experiencing. I can call upon this practice at any time of the day and even if I can only use it for five or ten minutes at a time, it is something that I can do a couple times during the day. I also felt very good using the loving kindness practice. This practice allowed me to draw off of the person who I felt was the most loving and kindest person in my life, and draw from her strengths. It then allows me to send out goodness and happiness to others in the room with me. For if you believe in it, it will come to pass. This has helped with many stressful and anger filled conversations at work. The greatest part about it was, they did not know that is what I was doing but yet they benefited from me sending out kindness. It is really a joy knowing that we do have control over our lives through the practices of calming the mind, witnessing and also sharing.

1 comment:

  1. Joan,
    That is wonderful that you have been using these 2 exercises in your life. It is great that you have been able to see the Loving Kindness Exercise work for you in your life. This is one that I still need to continue working with as I am very quick tempered and sometimes do not think before I speak.
    These are the same two exercises that I have been using and plan to continue using in my daily life. I feel the Loving Kindness will help me to forgive, think before I act, learn to love myself so I can love others.
    Keep up the good work and glad that you are already seeing the results. God bless and good luck with your next classes.

    ReplyDelete